Monday, August 30, 2010

Personal Digital Story - EDLD 5363

This week we were given the task of creating a digital story using Microsoft's Photo Story 3. I had made a picture slideshow this summer for my brother's funeral, but I had never actually told a story in a digital format. I have to say that I really enjoyed completing this assignment. Actually, it did not even feel like I was doing work for school. It got me thinking that I could have my students make their own digital stories, and maybe they would feel the same way. Many of the kids that I teach are disillusioned with the education system. They are tired of doing things the old way, but they would probably enjoy doing assignments like this one. I can see how virtually any subject could use digital storytelling. It is definitely something I plan to share with the other teachers at my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment